23 May 2008

Friday/Friday

Here's the dilly,
Write something silly,
'bout willy nilly.

Use your skillies,
Impress all the fillies,
but earn your billies!

Keep it ill,
there's time to fill,
It's Friday, so chill.

If you're willing,
compose something thrilling,
Keep your thoughts distilling,
See y'all at the bar swilling!

I thought it'd be fun to read something today that's fun--anyone want to be brave and write a short little something? a haiku? a fun poem? a paragraph of nonsense?

The prize is an ear of corn from our garden in a few months if the stuff grows.

10 comments:

Van Dutch said...

I'll start it off with a haiku.

Aleve and Zyrtec,
Magic's NBA comments,
Balloon Headedness.

marmaladecheeks said...

Watchin' 30 Rock
Tina Fey is super hot
Alas, I'm not gay

I am Bill Cosby
Jello Puddin' and Sweaters,
Tracy Jordan says

Rockin' the haikus,yo!!!

marmaladecheeks said...

I just dipped a chip
It's cocktail sauce, not salsa
Oh, Barf-o-rama

marmaladecheeks said...

The last day of school
Tom is passed out on the couch
Who cares it's just 8?

I just told Bridget:
Do me a solid-make poop
Am I pathetic?

Van Dutch said...

Excellent Haiku M-cheeks! Keep on keepin on.

Alex said...

Act I

Cubicle dry rot.
Lifetime spent in fluorescence.
This Friday, I quit.

Act II

Cold wind haunts belly.
Empty wallet buys no beer.
What have I done now?

The Boss said...

The Belle is back to her smell.
She is back in her cage with a lot of rage.
I am glad that she is done hurling.
She likes to sleep curling next to me.
She is eating well and I hope her tummy doesn't swell.

Van Dutch said...

Beware Laker Fan!
Your Spanish Center is False!
But Kobe is True?

Van Dutch said...

The prize of one ear of home grown corn will be handed out tomorrow.

Van Dutch said...

The corn goes to Marmalade Cheeks. It will be a while, b/c it just broke through the soil's surface while we were away this weekend.