18 April 2008

Did you Feel it?

So I was sleeping peacefully in a wine-induced slumber, when all of a sudden, Anabelle starts growling and barking. She ran to the front of the house and started howling too. I was really freaked out and thinking that someone was breaking in, but she returned quickly and went back to sleep. I thought maybe she had had a bad dream or something. Then when I woke up to the local news, they mentioned an earthquake that was felt all the way here. It was the same time that Anabelle had her "dream". I didn't feel a thing and I was wondering if anyone else did or did their pets react to it.

2 comments:

marmaladecheeks said...

I did not feel anything-- although I was in a wine-induced slumber as well. I'm not sure if the dogs were stirring...no barking that I can remember. Someday--the big one! My insurance agent kind of laughed at me when I added earthquake protection to our home policy. But, we're on a fault, mang.

Sarah Cate said...

I woke up suddenly in the night (which I never do, whether my slumber is wine-induced or not) and thought there was a storm but then didn't hear anything. This morning I decided it was the earthquake that woke me. People in Georgia and Alabama say that they felt it so I 'm sure we did too.