01 May 2008

Crazy Dreams III

So- last night I had one of those dreams that was so crazy that I thought if I didn't write it down when I woke up, I wouldn't remember it. I didn't write it down. But, here's what I remember:

I was in a big office/hotel type place, where I was supposed to be seeing patients.  It was basically a HUGE waiting room, and people kept filing in, most of them random faces I know from Memphis-- bands, shows, maybe real patients...  So, I'm doing half-ass exams, trying to keep up.
Then, I learn that Dr. G is seeing patients next door, and filtering most of them to me. It's a Saturday, and I'm supposed to be done at 2pm, but I look at my watch, and it's after 3. So-- I rebel and decide to leave.  The patients that know me decide to follow me outside.

There is a big hill (the hill that was down the street from my childhood home) right outside the door, so people decide to "pile on" a skateboard or two, and ride down the hill. At the bottom of hill was a building with a set of stairs where everyone decided to sit and hang out to watch a basketball game that was going on in the lot in front.

Participating in the game was random folk and Eddie Vedder. Not the current old guy, but the 1994-esque long-hair vigorous Ed.  Some dust was kicked up, or what not, and Ed had his hands over his eyes.  One of the other Shaq-type players brought him over to the stairs and said, 
"He must have herpes simplex because even after rinsing his eyes he still is sensitive to light."
At that point, all the techs from the "office place" all run over in their scrubs with their transilluminators and start lookin' in his eyes.

He must have been okay, because he ran over to a stage where they were having a play/show to benefit "the kids".  The show was like The Muppet Show, but everybody was furry and had big eyes.  Ed's muppet was the drummer, and his suit was a big, hairy muppet whose head went up and down and eyes were blinking a lot. Then all the muppets were bobbin' up and down and blinkin' their eyes.

Then-- flash! I was in a drive-thru where I needed some quarters, so I was searching through the cup holder change in my car. Apparently, I was searching for quarters in real life on Tom's chest, and he grabbed my hand which woke me up.

Anybody got anything crazier??

1 comment:

jellybean said...

At first, I thought your dream was saying, get out, get a new job, start a new adventure. But now I don't know.