21 June 2008

File Under: Bizarre

So, many of you know about my "Counterfeit Crochet" Dior that I made, oh, a few years ago.  I think I have sent out email updates about how it has traveled in an art exhibit to Manila, Istanbul, etc.. But, until today it didn't really hit home until I saw the photos. 

Seeing your picture tacked up on the wall in Istanbul next to a "thing" that you created is a weird experience.  Please visit the new website and see for yourself: Counterfeit Crochet Website.  

I am the blonde in the green shirt and brown skirt with the tan Dior.  I also made the pink Chanel that you see photos of-- I gave it to my Mom for Mother's Day a couple years ago, so it did not travel abroad.

Love,
Carrie, 
Your International Crochet Superstar

6 comments:

The Boss said...

That is so exciting... Are you anywhere else on the website? My internet connection isnt fabulous so I couldnt search with patience.

jellybean said...

So exciting!!! I love the Coach bag they show in progress!

marmaladecheeks said...

If you go to the image gallery, you can see all the photos from manila, beijing, istanbul, and san fran.
http://www.counterfeitcrochet.org/imagegallery.html

Sarah Cate said...

Yeah for Carrie! Very impressive.

The Boss said...

i love what they have done with your eyes!!!!

Van Dutch said...

That's BA.