07 July 2008

Pulling a Darrin

While at the theater for the movie Wanted this weekend I saw a preview for a new Mummy movie. I was intrigued because I enjoyed those flicks; however, my intrigue turned to confusion because I did not see Rachel Weisz and her character's husband was kissing on some lady. Later research showed that she did not want to be in the new movie so, rather than write her death or absence into the movie, they just put this other woman in as her character. How do we feel about that? I thought this was just done on soap operas or on The Fresh Prince. Before I decide how I feel I wanted to solicit the opinion of others.

7 comments:

marmaladecheeks said...

I saw that trailer, also. I just figured they did write her out and write someone in as a new love interest. Hmmmm... I can't blame Rachel Weisz, though. I've had enough of those darn Mummy movies. I guess somebody has to keep Brendan Fraser busy. Lord knows he's not doing much else.

jellybean said...

I don't remember that trailer from when we saw Wanted -- but I think the changeout of a key character is a sign that the movie probably wasn't worth their time and most likely isn't worth your time. I don't know what kind of deal with the Devil Brendan Fraser made, but between the Mummy and this Journey to the Center of the Earth thing, he's got a lock on all movies that look exactly the same and require one facial expression.

Sarah Cate said...

How did this turn into a forum to playa-hate on Brendan Fraser? I like the Mummy movies because I like movies where people fight with swords.

marmaladecheeks said...

Does that include the Pirates? I'll admit I liked the first one, but even sword fighting couldn't save parts 2 and 3. And-- were you the one who liked the dragon movie with Matthew McConaughey because he fought with a sword? I can't remember...

jellybean said...

If you're talking about the dragon movie with MM and Christian Bale, I liked that too because I think they both spent a good amount of time in the movie without shirts.

Sarah Cate said...

Yes, I did see that movie in the theater on purpose.

marmaladecheeks said...

Also--they did a switcheroo in the new Batman by putting Maggie Gyllenhall in for Katie Holmes. I didn't realize it was supposed to be the same character until the middle of the movie.